Saturday, November 12, 2011

My girls at Fashion Week

Hello loves!

Yes, I'm still doing Fashion Week posts. You know you love me.

So I'm sitting in my bed in my underwear, no plans for tonight. My hair is blow dried and ironed to death. I'm trying to recreate Diego Luna's hair in the dance scene of Katy Perry's newest music video. If any of you know how to recreate that hairstyle, please, please, please! get in touch with me asap!


Today, I also finally watched Duran Duran's new video Girl Panic! Starring The Supers: Naomi Campbell (who is just living, breathing INSANITY in Mugler [or LV not too sure] and killer Louboutins in the opening shot), Eva Herzigova (who I confused with Linda Evangelista for the longest time), Helena Christensen, and Cindy Crawford (CRAY CRAY feathers and suits!). The video also features a cameo from the dynamic duo of Dolce and Gabbana, Domenico and Stefano. Seriously, this video is the first one I've liked style-wise since Judas. It's INSANITY (serious INSANITY I had to use the word thrice in this paragraph!)

Can I take home every single clothing item and accessory from this video??? Jesus especially the suits that out lovely girls are wearing at the end. AND ALL THAT FUR!




Anyway, on to the real post!

Today I will be writing about my favorite girls at fashion week. These girls are friends of mine (uy friends kami ni Anna Canlas! FC ha ha ha), who are truly, madly, deeply dedicated to fashion and the business of it!

Let's start with my ultimate Fag Hag Belle.

Belle at work! 
 My olive-skinned friend is one of the newest interns at StyleBible.ph, the online arm of the country's biggest fashion magazine, Preview. It's so weird seeing her work because she used to be one of my Babble babies. I'm not used to seeing this girl, who used to wear denim panties to school (alala mo pa yon sis?), teetering in sky-high Mary Janes, clad in this season's hottest couture. All I can say is, ANYARE? But I salute you for following your passion. LOVE YOU GIRL.


OK this is turning out to be an emotera post. I will not cry! Next up is ex-jewelry designer now Editorial Assistant at Preview, MJ Benitez.

MJ at Fashion Week in an ukay find (which I really find unbelievable)
 When I heard that MJ got the editorial assistant job, I quickly posted on Twitte na buti na lang I forgot to pass my resume cause I knew I couldn't compete MJ. This woman lives and breathes fashion! I'm proud to say that I have a neck piece by MJ from her accessories brand Ethnu (are you guys still selling?) AND have been featured on her street style blog numerous times (remember I was your September girl?)


Last is my girl crush, Preview's Anna Canlas.
Anna Canlas in this season's Xernan Orticio
You can only imagine my surprise when I found out that Anna, as in the Anna  queen hubadera that I know, and have the biggest girl-crush on, is the pride and joy of UPD and Miriam. After having taken the picture above at Fashion Week, my sister-slash-assistant whispers into my ear "You DO know that that girl graduated as a summa cum laude from a smarty pants course at UP, right?". My jaw dropped to the floor. Literally. Looks can definitely be deceiving.

I love Anna's style because she's fearless when it comes to sheer, cut outs, panels and she makes the hubadera look look classy. Every time I see something backless, or sheer to death, I automatically think of Anna and how she WILL rock this look and make you want to copy her style whatever your body type. Plus she's really pretty and has really pretty hair and really pretty skin and really pretty legs AKA she's really really pretty. :D

I had the pleasure of meeting Anna at this year's Preview ball. I remember she wore this silver, scaly Ivarluski Aseron (I THINK? Super not sure) number, with HUGE side cut outs, of course. I remember her being so gracious and accommodating, taking time to answer my tweets AT the event and actually meeting me there.

Anna, watch out for your hubadera crown, cause I'm going after it! Ha ha ha. Just kidding! Thanks for giving me the courage to be a hubadera also!

I spy a junior hubadera (hubadero?)

Anywhoo, that ends this posts on the ladiez. I love you all! (this post seems bitin no?)

Kiss kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...