Monday, November 14, 2011

In the Library

So today I chose to wear a piece from my SS2009 Balmania collection (with shoulder pads of course). Matched w a white Jackson Pollock shirt, a pair of classic black skinnies and white low cut Converse Chuck Taylors to tone down the lewk.

It seems that my Balmania isn't registering well with the college crowd. I've gotten so many stares from looking like a linebacker. KUDOS to my friend Mara for being able to point out the reference! My friend Marty told me that Fashion Week is over and I should wear my regular clothes again. (But I AM wearing regular clothes, I'm in a tshirt and jeans for crying out loud) My other friend Rich called me Lady Gaga (supposedly an insult, but I am deeply honored to be compared to Mother Monster) and said that I should be careful not to hit anybody. (People better get out of my way, if they even think of rubbing against my Balmainia, I am going to CUT A BITCH).

Anywho, I'm currently in the lib w my girl friend Erika helping her look for pictures for a press release of some sort. She said that the peg was sosyal (fancy, for the lack of a better term). The thing that automatically came into my mind was the very prestigious Bal de Crillion which is a debutant ball for rich bitches all over the world (I have yet to be invited, my Chanel is waiting at home, rotting away in the third world air).

I've always wanted to "come out" (not in that way, the Lord knows I came out when my mother pushed me out of her vageen) as a debutante at the Bal de Crillion. I wanna rub elbows with Francophiles, the Grimaldis and the creme de la creme of the world. I guess that will never happen. My French lace column skirt with a thigh high slit paired w my Chanelesque jacket (w vents, duh, do you think I'd go out in a jacket without holes of some sort)  will never see the light of day.

Us in the third world have a different view of a "debutante ball". It is, quite honestly, a status symbol resembling a Spanish QuinciƱera more than being presented to society as a woman. But it's another reason to dress up so whatevs.

If any of you, my lovely readers, can hook me up to "come out" at the Bal de Crillion, I will give you a piece of my Balmania collection (of my choosing of course), or maybe a custom Dofeliz-Cubil (shameless plug of my line) piece.

Anyway, the reason I'm actually in the library is because I'm bored with my life and tired of fanning myself (this jacket is not suited for third world humidity). AND my friend desperately needed help. She's always come to my rescue (well not ALWAYS, not even ever), so it's time I do the same for her (uuuuuy MMK moments).

I'm barely at the library. Today's the first time I've been here in almost 8 months. Hesus. Why is the only place in this school to have strong airconditioning. I hate it.

Anyway, here I go. Tomorrow, I shop with Karla Aguas, the girlfriend of college basketball dynamite Nico Salva (Good luck in Hindunesia Nics!). More on that tomorrow.

Kiss kiss!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...