Monday, November 14, 2011

Less is More

Source: StyleBible.ph (if you couldn't tell already)


All I can say is: GANDA KO LANG!!! LOL if you noticed, this picture is bigger than the usual photo size I use on the blog.  Thank you Belle Rodolfo and your lovely photographer for taking this picture.

Having my picture taken or being featured for anything (in a positive light of course, even if hinde, it's still PR, but I try to maintain a good image for y'all) gives me such a high. Apart from the fact that I'm a socialite wannabe and I practically get off on attention, it is, for me, a type of affirmation that I'm finally getting it right, that I am one of the prettiest girls at the party (oooh the insecurities are coming out). Especially that it's StyleBible.ph that took my picture, I feel like I'm at par with the Daryl and Andre Changs of the world (well not with that outfit, duh, have you seen the genius that those two come up with; my friends and I actually bumped into them outside a movie house, and even on their days "off", they still look like absolute perfection).

What's funny is that that day, the last day of fashion week, is the day I chose to not put any effort into what I wore. I was just so tired from all the shows that I was like, screw it, I'm gonna be in jeans and a tshirt. And lo and behold, I was photographed for the online arm of one of the country's biggest fashion magazine. I really found it hilarious that all the other days I brought out all the nice clothes I had, all the shoulder pads, the backless jackets, the sheer shirts, there was even one day I wore almost all my accessories (that was Saturday I think). I'm the type of person who thinks more is more, but I guess that doesn't work all the time. LOL. I'm just incredibly happy to be featured, whatever I was wearing (OK not really, I  had hoped they they would take my picture that Friday when I was wearing a strong shouldered backless blazer over a sheer top by my friend and up and coming designer Enzo Montano, plus leopard print metallic socks, ugh, but life isn't perfect lol).

So what I was wearing was: a vintage leather jacket, a Calvin Klein shirt, 7 for All Mankind jeans, a braided belt fr somewhere, neckpiece from Ethnu (HELLO MJ, GILL AND AEA!), bracelets from my sister's accessories box, a PS1 inspired crocodile printed (is that the right term) bag from Pedro and shoes from Mundo.

Thanks again for the feature, StyleBible! I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

PS: Don't judge my excessive use of run-on sentences. I know they're run-ons. I like to ramble in real life, and in this one. So suck it. Or shut the front door.



Kiss kiss!
(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...