Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What a surprise!

Hi guys! I'm happy to find out this morning that my blog has surpassed 500 views! Is this really happening? Are people actually reading my blog? Though I'm pretty sure that most of those views are from me checking if the blog is looking ok, I'd like to say thank you (!!!) to those who actually try to read the mush that I write here. (Russia I'm looking at you! US has surpassed you in the number of views! You guys need to catch up!)

Today I'm wearing a piece from my Chanelesque collection. It's basically a white jacket (I love myself a white moment, personally, I think everyone should have a white moment every single week), with the Chanel cut and make, except this jacket has vents in the back (pics soon! LOL y'all know I'm too lazy to take pictures of myself, so if you guys want outfit pics, volunteer to take my picture, yuck, feel na feel). I'm also wearing a lavander vneck shirt and black skinny jeans. And I'm wearing Ethnu again! I really love this neck piece I got from them, I feel that it can take an outfit to an editorial level.

Speaking of editorial, my friend Erika and I were styling a shoot yesterday. For whom, I cannot say yet (yes I have secret commitments now), but for sure y'all are gonna see it real soon. Erika was gracious enough to tell me a day ahead (sense the sarcasm), so I had PLENTY (sarcasm again) of time to for pull outs and preparation. I ended up with a maleta (big suitcase) of clothes pulled from my sister's closet and from my own personal archives.

The day of the shoot was a bit of a challenge because the weather was trop terrible and it was a location shoot. And we had four locations all across the city. We started in a cinema in SM Mall of Asia, then at the Oakwood Joy~Nostalg Center in Ortigas (my new favorite place, but more on that later), then finally finishing at two locations in The Fort. It was also a bit of a challenge because since it was so last minute, we had no models nor hair and make up artists (FUN). So Erika and I put our brains together (bwaaaiiiinzzzz) and made her friend Ila model for us.Ila is a naturally pretty girl. She's your typical shy Christian girl next door with virtues and all of that stuff. Erika and I had so much fun directing her and turning her in to the model. As the shoot progressed (and the looks more editorial), this girl just killed it with every single take. We might have turned her into a monster. But a monster who can smize.

I'm so excited to post pictures for you all because you'll see how the shoot progressed through the lewks. Even though we had to cut out some of the looks I had originally planned (my gold moment will have to happen another time), we still produced some pretty decent looks with the clothes that we got together. And I really wanna show you guys the last look (a long white vest with black lapels and a split back, and an unlined lace skirt with a thigh high slit) that we shot because it's just absolute insanity. Ila just transformed before our eyes and turned into this editorial juggernaut whose legs could put some of the top models to shame (knowing me there had to be some thigh high action happening).

Oh can I just say, that last outfit that we put her in, seriously, is MOMOL (moment moment lang, or make out make out lang) and FIFIL (finger finger lang) inducing. All I can say is that two people had a very good night last night. HA HA HA.

Anywho, Oakwood Joy~Nostalg is my new favorite place in the world. It's basically a hotel-cum-serviced residence in the heart of Ortigas Center. Their beautifully designed interiors (which, as I learned, were by Ila's mom) are a refreshing sight in the business of the city. What I love about it though is that their Sangria Nights on Wednesdays, and the Serenade Nights on Fridays. They even have their own version of The Oak Room (which actually looks like the NY resto, just a really tiny version). On Sangria Wednesdays (they don't actually call it that lol), you can get a whole pitcher of Sangria PLUS a plate of tapas for only 500 pesos (absolute steal). And according to one of their marketing people May (whom Erika and I love and feel for), a pitcher of their sangria is enough to take you to a very happy place. Their Serenade Fridays also happen at The Oak Room. For the same amount of money, you can get an unlimited amount of beer OR house wine from 6-9pm (I THINK? Can someone confirm). You can call  The Oak Room to make reservations or inquiries at 719-1160. Y'all know I already made one for next week. So I better see you guys there!

After our lovely shoot, Erika and I had dinner in Tourne (toor-ney) at the Fort Strip. Our table was right in front of the door of Fitness First, so we didn't really have to order food. Ha ha ha. We had numerous MMK moments (MMK, Maalaala Mo Kaya, [or according to me, Would You Remember] is a local TV show where anyone can send in letters, and if the drama levels are TV worthy, have it turned into an episode). But then that ended when they started playing Lady Gaga.

Yesterday was so much fun despite the numerous challenges that we faced. Erika and I were even saying that we were the queens of logistical nightmares. Ha ha! Doors are finally opening for us Erika! Join us in praying, wishing and hoping that our next top top top secret job pushes through!

I'd love to see pictures of your white moments! Or just tell me about your day! (Or if you have places to drink you can recommend or blue-screen photographers) Email me at jjorbeta@gmail.com or tweet me @J_Orb


Til next time!


Kiss kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...