Sunday, October 30, 2011

Before I forget!

Oooh I just realized that I haven't blogged abt the Michael Cino and Guess shows!

I started my PFW w Michael Cinco and Guess. I was lucky enough to sit second row for the biggest show of the season thanks to the gracious Mendoza ladies and their very generous friends.

My outfit had a tiny train lol which was quite challenging cause I kept on getting stepped on by Laureen Uy wannabes. Anywho...

Michael Cinco is on a whole other level. He reshowed the pieces from the Red Cross Ball. John Spainhour opened in his tiny white speedo with a metal crotch (yum yum yum, more of that to come). Every singe piece that MC sent down the runway was a work of art. The first segment, the white segment, was full of "scales" on silk illusion with exposed zippers. MC exaggerated the female silhouettes on the hips and the shoulders. There was a loth of feathering done and a lot of bustiers used (lol I'm just summarizing what I wrote down, y'all should see my planner). He used a lot of hardware and metallics. And one thing that needs to be mentioned is the abundance of hot men and their abs in tiny white speedos with metal crotches. You don't have to be a UP Summa Cum Laude (hi Anna Canlas!) To figure out which part of the show was my favorite. In the latter part of the show, he showcased the different colors of the Philippine sunsent ranging from Canary yellow, to tangerine to a fiery red. Some of his pieces were reminiscent of some of Elie Saab's work. He ended the show w the multi tiered insanely beaded wedding gown (he didn't show the 2 others from the Red Cross Ball) and the 500,000PhP dress on the very beautiful Anne Curtis. I've never seen a woman who has a better complexion than her. And gorgeous hair.

Speaking of hair, L'Oreal Paris was gracious enough to give VIP guests (like yours truly) 2 big bottles of the Repair 5 shampoo and a big bottle of the Repair 5 conditioner. Over time you will find out that I'm not one to car abt my hair's condition (only style). So I gave my freebies away to my mom and my sister who have better hair now because of it. Thanks L'Oreal! I'm worth it!

My next show for tonight was Guess. Imagine my surprise when I saw only one row of seats. I sat behind my friends from Style Bible who were lovely enough to entertain my comments on the show (needy lol). The set design was very reminiscent of the Alexander McQueen SS12 show. Guess pulled a lot of 50s influences: the bouffant hair, the pin-up styling. It was very American sportswear. As in pang sports hahahahah. They also pulled from the 60s (Brigitte Bardot hair and look), and the 70s (wide legged pants) For the boys, to me it seemed like a modernized West Side Story with the rolled up sleeves, the slicked back hair and the Converse shoes. They also showed a lot of denim jackets for the boys. They featured a lot of celebrities in the show. Celebs like Jon Hall, Bubbles Paraiso, Paolo Paraiso and Jay R. Maxene Magalona closed the show in a black body con with a sheer back. After the show , Guess opened it's runway to the guests for an after party. Guests were able to mingle with the models and some of Manila's media elite. I didn't stay for the after party. Mingling with the masses isn't really my thing and the drinks were too strong to stomach. I would've stayed for the models, but models don't really pay attention to me. Or maybe they don't see me cause I'm so small lol.
Anywhoo. That's it for this post. Photo vomit for next week.
Kiss kiss!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...