Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another update from the back of a cab

So today was quite a long day. A long HOT HOT HOT day. And I chose to wear leather (but as a vest so don't worry too much).

Taking the train to MOA was quite a fun experience. You get to see different types of people. They all looked the same to me but I know they have different stories.

First show of the day was Ipanema. I'm not a slippers kind of girl but I do appreciate good footwear. And Ipanema surprisingly had good slipper designs. And the designers that showed were amazing in showcasing different types of swimwear and loungewear. I've seen so much sheer (as in one layer tulle or one layer silk illusion) over the past few days that I see everything in tulle now. Everything is possible with a sheer fabric. Even clothing items that I didn't know thay couldn't be made sheer is currently available in sheer. There were also a couple of designers (Lyle IbaƱez and Raoul something) whose color palettes were very refreshing. Very Aegean sea. Which I love.

Second show was supposedly Penshoppe but my front row seat was given away due to the fact that I decided to follow logic and wait the lines out. NOTE: if international superstars such as Mario Maurer (whom I have the biggest crush on) and Utt Panichkul (whom I have a bigger crush on if that's even possible) are walking in your show, grab the first opportunity to take a seat because there are numerous people willing enough to take your seat. Oh well I learned my lesson. More than half of people who were promised seats were shut out of the show due to seating problems. Penshoppe graciously showed their show on a jumbotron outside of the hall so people see got to see what was going on inside. There were numerous (and very much audible) boos coming from people stuck outside. But when Mario Maurer stepped on to the runway I swear I thought I heard prepubescent girls having their first orgasms ha ha.
I didn't finish the show, I had to run to line up for the Slims at 50 show where my 2 favorite bloggers Ingrid Go (TheBagHag) and Bryan Grey-Yambao (Bryanboy; who I'm very surprised is home! Welcome back sweetie!) apparently were. I almost didn't go to the show because of the 10lbs worth of necklaces I was wearing but hallelujah Jesus that I did because the collections that were showed honestly brought tears to my eyes. That level of artistry and skill brought together in one beautiful package is one of the reasons why I got into fashion in the first place. Special shout out to cutie pie Martin Bautista who showed such a great collection (I still want that all gold number Marts! Yuck feeling close ha ha).

After that I had to run to Il Ponticello in Makati for the company halloween party. On the way, I had a very interesting conversation with the gracious taxi driver who took me there. We talked about how taxi drivers' minds worked. He even taught me a technique on getting cabs easier. Which actually made sense to me.
The party at Ponti was wild. It was so packed that I couldn't breathe. I saw a lot of very cute young men in adorable costumes. I saw a Warbler, a hot European construction worker and a hot Captain America.
Since Ponti was too full to live, some of my office mates and I decided to move to another place to sit and bond. We decided on City Golf which was surprisingly quiet. Then again it IS 3 in the morning. We bonded over Persian food and stories of our drunken misadventures. I regret only having talked to them now that I've left the company. They are actually very fun people.

Enough about me, what about you guys! Tell me about how you spent this Halloween weekend. I'd love to hear about it. Email me at jjorbeta@gmail.com. Or Tweet me @J_Orb.

Tomorrow is my friend Louis Claparols' show which I'm very excited for. He gave me a sneak preview over BBM over the course of this evening. Quite sad that I won't be able to wear him tomorrow. But whatevs there will be other events.

That's it for me.

Kiss kiss!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...