Thursday, November 17, 2011

Things unnecessary.

Today the fashion world is shocked when uber-stylist, ultimate social insider and fashion icon, Josh Orbeta nixes his signature super strong shouldered jackets and second skin pants for comfort. It was reported that the VIP multi-hyphenate went around town in an oversized seersucker polo over a loose grey V-neck coyly tucked into a pair of his boyfriend's (heir to the Niarchos fortune) straight cut Dior Homme jeans. He reportedly paired it with the Proenza Schouler crocodile PS1 bag and Prada Spring/Summer 2011 platform brogues. It is unknown why the social darling decided to nix his signatures. Sources say that he did not talk at all today, not even to the legions of body guards that surround him at all times. Even though the look is very Brooklyn chic, the entire look, according to some fashion sources, is worth more than a smart car.

LOL y'all know that ain't true (am I ghetto now lol). What DID shock the fashion world recently was the theft of Marc Jacobs' SS12 collection. I don't know the details, but all I know was that it disappeared whilst in transit from Paris to London. Why wasn't it protected enough? Couldn't Marc Jacobs' have hired a private plane instead? I'm mourning the loss of this collection (affected?) and really worry that it's gonna get into the wrong hands. Well it already is in the wrong hands... not mine. But kudos to whoever pulled this shit off.

I did wear something very shocking. I DID forego my shoulder pads and tight jeans today. But only because I was shooting all day. I photographed my lovely friend Belle for her photo diary for StyleBible.ph. I wore exactly what I wrote above except my jeans weren't Dior Homme nor my boyfriend's (I don't even have a boyfriend lol). I wanted to show people that I'm not just "blazer guy" (apparently people are calling me that now), that I can still werk a wide variety of lewks not just the editorial stuff I show from day to day. I really wanted to shake things up.

The look, though comfortable, was still quite hot. By mid day I was sweating bullets. Can you say annoying.

Enough about that. The "God Wants You To Know" on Facebook told me that today I have to let go of things that are unnecessary. But how DO we know what is unnecessary. It's easier for us to point that out to other people, but not to ourselves. For us, well for me at least, everything seems so important, everything I do, I know, I care about, I love plays a part in me being who I am. I know that there ARE unnecessary things in my life, it's just that it's a bit hard to identify what they are and even harder to let them go.

Tell me your thoughts! Tell me what you think you can rid yourself of. You know how to reach me.

Kiss kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! They're mine now! HA HA HA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...